Monday, July 21, 2014

Progress!!!


It feels so good, to feel so good!!!!!  Can you tell?  This is make-up free me in the morning happily enjoying a new recipe!  Things are finally really clicking physically, and it's amazing.  I'm starting to feel like the "real" me again, the woman I was physically before I had kids as far as energy & confidence.  I've been trying to be as consistent as I can with simple, small changes, and it's making a difference.  Here's what I've been enjoying for breakfast lately...smoothies with a little milk or yogurt.  This was super yummy, but I would only do half a slice of lime next time.  It was pretty sour, until I added some more juice & strawberries.  Also, my food processor couldn't handle the strawberry leaves or peels like the Costco Vitamix juicer could, but I kind of liked the teeny pieces of rind- not of the strawberry leaves though!


 This was dinner...fried, bread crumbed, zucchini,


baked zucchini & onions with salt & pepper & olive oil, 
(So good and easy!!!  Just heat it up at 350 for about 15 minutes!)


salad with tomatoes & cucumber from our garden & some yummy fresh pineapple,


& some delicious pulled pork I made in the slow cooker!


And adding more fruits & vegetables to my diet, with some lean protein, along with SOME simple, daily exercise is changing me.  It's changing how I feel, how I look at myself, and how I am able to take care of my family, all for the better.  And not just on the scale, although that has been changing for the good too- I hit a new low!!!  I really would love to be in the 140's by my birthday next week.  We will see if it happens, but even if it doesn't I know I am making healthy, long-lasting progress & that is better than any quick drop on on the scale!  Good luck to you on your healthy choices!  Hope you make some progress too!
Love, Eva


No comments:

Post a Comment