Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weight Loss Journey! The Initial Weigh-In...

It's been a LONG time since I've posted to this blog. I'm grateful I can say I've been doing really well. :) I truly feel like the worst of my depression is finally over. I am medication free, suicidal-free (if that's a word LOL) and just in genereal feeling free to begin living the life I've wanted to for over a decade.

It's funny to think that a couple years ago I removed any trace of instability from these blog posts, as I sought fulltime employment. I didn't want any potential employer to turn me down because they saw the brutal honesty I had shared on this blog. Well, those posts will be reposted! My husband and I now are living more frugally, have paid off some debt and I no longer have to be working, so I can be completely, openly ME! I'm grateful for how those difficult, sometimes terrible moments made me who I am and I look forward to sharing them again. I am happy with how they shaped me, well, at least emotionally...

Physically, I am not in great shape. Stress, three pregnancies, and depression have taken their toll on my body. But I am ready to change that! I NEED to change that. I will still be writing reflections on life, but I will also be dedicating this blog to my weight loss journey. I started eating healthy and exercising hard yesterday (again) but this time I am not giving up. I am taking a healthier road when it comes to everyday living and making the most of this life!

I started this blog hoping my experiences could help others, but now I ask for your help. Please follow me! Please comment! Please message me on Facebook! I need to be held accountable. :) I need to be cheered for and prayed for. There is so much I want to do that I've been puting off because of my weight, because I was self-concious about my appearance or physically uncomfortable, but I can't wait any longer. I am starting those other creative endeavors while I simultaneously attack this beast of food and fat! I hope you join me and we can all live happier, healthier lives! Watch my video below for my initial weigh-in...(dun, dun, duun!)


12 comments:

  1. Eva, you are as beautiful and inspiring as ever! I just started working out again a few weeks ago too...so here we go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go with you! I am the same weight. But I have no excuses either now that I can walk again. Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on starting your journey! I did WW about 1 1/2 years ago and lost 25 lbs. Need to lose about 6 lbs at this point. I love the accountability of a blog. Three friends and I have a blog where we share weigh ins, success, struggles, complaints about cramps, etc. :)It is a big help for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva, you are a strong and amazing woman.Keep it up.I too will be working to get healthier and loose weight. Let's keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eve. You are a beautiful woman! I know you can do this. I am so glad that you are doing this, because I would love to join you on your journey. I've been strugling with depresion and food, and stress, and all of the other wonderful things out there....like my weight. I'm so proud of you and what your doing. We can work together. Love and miss you! Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva...spelled your name wrong. Sorry!!! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva, I know you can do this! After two kids and depression, I too decided to lose weight and finally get healthy for me. Last year I lost 65 lbs. Over our recent move and the holidays and some tough months, I put back 25...so I am again working on eating healthy and working out right along with you! Your video and the fact that you were so transparent was inspiring! This is an exciting journey...and I have confidence that you will excel beyond your wildest dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! YOU have got this :) I know you are a seriously strong woman and I'm glad you have decided to take time to take care of yourself. You deserve it! Everyone else (especially your family) will benefit from your goals to "parent yourself." Keep us updated on the journey, proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eva!
    I am just so impressed with you and your courage to so honestly share your journey with your friends. I am in the same boat, and you are inspiring me! It isn't the first time, believe me. I always felt that though you are generation younger than I, you were my spiritual senior. Thank you for doing this. It is probably helping more people than you can imagine while you help and parent yourself. What a lucky young woman you are to have such a great "mommy!" ~ Nadine P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im in your same boat. The b.c. I'm on has made my metabolism slow down or something and I'm about 20lbs heavier than I'd like to be. It's super depressing esp when I look in my closet for clothes to wear and nothing seems to fit right anymore and is too tight. This puts me in a bad mood and makes me feel really depressed. You are brave to share this on your blog and just know that I'm trying to work out and start getting in shape again too. It's hard because i've never had to worry about this kind of thing before or really work out to lose weight so its been challenging esp when I dont see results as fast as I'd like. Or when I step on the scale just to see I've gained another pound and I havent done anything besides trying to eat less/better and work out more. Ugh. Together we and everyone else who is working at this - we can do it! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! The more you take care of yourself, the better you'll be able to take care of your family. I learned that the hard way. It practically took me 2 years to recover from Jacob's birth physically because I just didn't take care of myself right. I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU ALL ROCK!!! You are such a big reason why I am succeeding and if I can, YOU CAN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete