Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Where Is The Money Going???

Some of you have asked about what is being done with the money collected for either of the 5K's I'm participating in these next couple weekends.  Here is what I've found out...

ANGEL WALK May 12, 2012 Benefit for Baylor VanDyke

Baylor is a second grader who attends Sophia's school, living with Cerebral Palsy.  I wish I could post a picture of this sweet little boy, it would truly touch your heart to see his efforts.  ALL of the proceeds will go to this child in need of medical treatment.  Checks can be made payable to Angel Walk and can be mailed to me (please message me individually for my address) or you can email angelwalk2011@gmail.com for another address.  If you do that though please just let them know you are donating through me so it goes to our total and we can find out how much we helped raise. 

Our whole family is part fo this walk, and I want the kids to know they are helping someone.  Our family will be pinching pennies so we can donate $40, all get T-shirts and walk together.  I want my kids to feel how lucky they are as they ride their scooters with their friends and family. 

I am grateful we can play tag and basketball, and would love to lighten the load of a family who can't.  This is truly a community event, with fundraiser packets being sent home with each student, the walk being announced in churches and being posted on business sign boards.  I would love to help recruit some longdistance support too for this family struggling with challenges I can only begin to imagine.  Additional questions?  Please call 208-941-4163. 

JDRF WALK TO CURE DIABETES May 5, 2012

My donation page for this walk can be found here.
Typically, more than 80 percent of JDRF's expenditures directly support diabetes research and research-related education.  Your donation will make a dramatic impact as JDRF moves life altering research out of the lab and into human clinical trials.

 Facts about JDRF 
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Driven by passionate, grassroots volunteers connected to children, adolescents, and adults with this disease, JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research.

Research Funding Facts
JDRF's research mission is to discover, develop and deliver advances that cure, better treat and prevent type 1 diabetes (T1D). As the global leader in the fight against T1D, JDRF's research programs are comprehensive -- addressing the hopes and dreams of every person with T1D for the best quality of life and a cure for this disease.

You can find more information about what JDRF does at http://www.jdrfapps.com/eReport/index.htm#?page=0 by reading their 2011 Annual Report. 

Again my donation page is  http://www2.jdrf.org/goto/evamelissabarnett I am trying to raise $100 and am currently 35% to my goal.  Nothing bad happens if I don't reach my goal except that I will be a little disappointed and maybe won't get a T-shirt. :)  But that's OK.  I will be happy to help as much or as little as I can.  My Daddy has diabetes and I've tutored kids with diabetes.  I've sat there and watched them test their insulin before they could move on with their math homework.  I'm honored to be part of trying to find a cure so someday that won't be the case anymore.

Thank you to the friend who has donated so far and to those of you who are considering doing so!  I love ya and hope you will!

Love, Eva



2 comments:

  1. Is there a way I can send money through Paypal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you can send money through Paypal. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete