Monday, June 30, 2014

Finishing What I Started...Predicting, Planning & Putting It All Together

Like I've been resurrecting my other blogs, I'm back to working on working out too.  I'm really excited to have a special separate corner for all my healthy ideas, tips and struggles.  I had been doing my weigh ins and tracking my progress almost 2 years ago.  Each week I would check in with a picture, and post recipes and other workout tips during the week too.

Then life happened and moving and crazy busyness and making time to exercise just went on the back burner.  I kept trying to eat healthy foods, but eventually I wasn't as consistent about that either.  I gained back about 16 of the 20 or so I had lost.  That was annoying.  And discouraging.  And REALLY frustrating.  I was tired of being so distracted by my own failures.  It was taking away from the focus I could give my kids.  So I stopped it.  I made the switch.  I had to put myself first again, because that was really putting my family first.  I am my family's caretaker.  When I'm sluggish and tired I am not my best self.  Instead, I'm finishing what I started and I'm finding the real me.  And I'm happily back and beyond by a few pounds what I had accomplished 2 years ago...


Yesterday I did some writing and made a goal of achieving 30 mins of exercise, along with some measures to make it happen.  I did my 30 minutes today.  But only because I had made it an official goal yesterday and had come up with a couple of steps to make it happen.  So yay for journaling and blogging again!!!

I was totally tempted to do other things when the kids were quiet and keeping to themselves.  But I made getting my workout in a priority and it got done.  Now I just have to do it tomorrow too, and they day after that and the day after that...LOL

My point is predicting, planning, and putting it all into action makes a difference.  That's the difference between just wanting something else to happen, and it actually happening.  Anticipating challenges and trying to find ways to still get through them is key for me.  Because losing baby weight is challenging.  But I'm going to keep doing it!

Tomorrow I have to go to the grocery store early in the morning and then run other errands, so my regular plan of action won't work.  I think since I'm getting up early anyway, I will do some exercising before I leave and the kids are up.  That sounds great.  To ensure this happens I will put my workout clothes right by my bed to put on immediately.  I will also make sure I plug in my ipod so it's charged by the morning.  Again- predicting, planning and putting it all together.

As for food today, we had Little Ceasar's pizza for dinner, but it wasn't so bad.  I was really proud of myself for just having two little slices, and one more bite a couple hours later.  In the past I would have started with at least 3, and then an hour later another and another.  I would get stuck in this cycle of "It's my last time having it, so I better just enjoy it and get all I can! It's ok because I will never have it again."

Yeah, right.  I will never completely give up any food.  It's just not me.  But I am in good company because even Denise Austin & Lady Gaga get a day off each week from their healthy eating regimen.  So I don't have too feel terrible.  I can be happy I enjoyed it, but be certain I am not having more tonight...or right now...because even though it kind of sounds good I will regret it later.

And it really doesn't sound that good anyway.  Because I'm not going to give up what I want most for what I want at the moment.  Because I'm actually not craving junk food like I used to.  And because I have a work out in the morning...140's Here I come!

Love,
Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment